Review: The Forever War

The Forever War The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can only say I wish I'd read this book sooner. The Forever War, by Joe Haldeman, is a profoundly deep view of military experience that has been extrapolated into what the future of interstellar warfare might look like. Haldeman's explorations of relativistic travel and their effect upon the human psyche become evident through the one man's adventures as he takes a long and ponderous path from a lowly Private to the rank of Major in a war stretching across space and time. Haldeman's masterful storytelling takes the reader into the mindset of military culture that is reminiscent of Robert Heinlein'sStarship Troopers A must read for any science fiction lover!

Royce Sears
www.roycesears.com

View all my reviews

Comments