Review: The Martian

The Martian The Martian by Andy Weir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay, yeah, I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but WOW! I loved this book! Watney's character speaks to that part of us who just wants to really tell it like it is. I love the intense realism the author imparts to Mark Watney's character. I walked away from the book with the feeling of having developed a new friend, a friend who doesn't pull any punches while giving advice. I think the author most certainly made life hard on his characters in this novel that could just as easily have been entitled "Murphy's Law on Mars," or maybe "I Pissed Off the Space Gods."
"The Martian" is an action-packed adventure, a touching story that rekindles pride in the human race, and a glimpse into the heart of man's will to survive against all odds. This will become one of the classics of modern science fiction.

View all my reviews

Comments