Review: The Moon Maze Game

The Moon Maze Game The Moon Maze Game by Larry Niven
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Moon Maze Game was an interesting read that was fast-paced and full of fun 'gamer' tidbits that were great for an old D&D gamer like myself. Set in the future, where LARP has become a sport, The Moon Maze Game takes the reader on a fun-filled ride through a futuristic LARP game based on H.G. Wells The First Men in the Moon. The main conflict is centered around a prince of a small African nation who is heavily invested in these LARP games, but is a target for a group of terrorists who desire to free their country from what they see as dictatorial oppression. The more interesting conflict, at least in my opinion, was centered around an old argument between the game-runner and two of the players.

Overall, I enjoyed the author's use of LARPing as a plot device and found the book to be an easy and fun read.

View all my reviews

Comments