Review: Suri Five

Suri Five Suri Five by Jacob Whaler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was contacted by the author and asked to review this novel.

Suri Five addresses Artificial Intelligence, a topic that I thoroughly enjoy, and it happens to be a major theme in the novel I just recently finished writing. The author uses the idea of making a digital copy of a human brain in order to obtain true duplication of human intelligence. The model for the AI is based on a teenage girl, Suri, who excels in a virtual reality world known as The Game.

I found Suri Five to be a curious style of virtual-reality based story-telling that lends itself well to fantastic flights of the imagination. The story got off to a bit of a slow start, with the author falling into the sci-fi author's trap of too much world-building via exposition while the character is in the midst of an action scene. Despite the rough start, Suri Five is an engaging read with well-developed characters who draw the reader into a Matrix-like virtual reality world and provide the reader with an unexpected twist at the end.

Royce Sears
www.roycesears.com

View all my reviews

Comments