Review: The Screwtape Letters

The Screwtape Letters The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While The Screwtape Letters is definitely outside my reading norm, as I am not given to reading Christian Apologetic novels, it was necessary for the research in my current writing project.

Ostensibly, The Screwtape Letters appear contrived to move one toward the ideas and principles of Christianity by highlighting the mechanistic plotting and manipulative nature of the demon Screwtape and his nephew Wormwood. The real gem of this novel lies in the way C.S. Lewis examines the human condition from the outsider perspective of Uncle Screwtape. In my opinion, there is some real sociological gold within the pages of The Screwtape Letters.

Royce Sears
www.roycesears.com



View all my reviews

Comments