Review: Fools' Apocalypse

Fools' Apocalypse Fools' Apocalypse by Anderson Atlas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Apocalypse Served on a Platter of Religious Extremism with a side of Conspiracy Theory

I was emailed by the author and asked to provide an honest review of Fools' Apocalypse.

Fools' Apocalypse provides the reader with a first-hand account, from multiple perspectives, into the end of civilization as we know it. The author takes the reader down a twisted path of conspiracy theory politics and religious extremism into the quagmire of a world-ending doomsday scenario wherein each of the main characters plays their own unwitting part in bringing civilization to its knees. The novel draws upon the themes of The Walking Dead, focusing on the elements of survival in a post-apocalyptic setting, as the characters come to terms with the cumulative effects of their individual actions.

While I enjoy a good apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic yarn, I had a hard time staying in the narrative due to the author's use of a comic-book-like writing style--again reminiscent of The Walking Dead--which is decidedly outside my normal reading range. Overall, I enjoyed Fools' Apocalypse and would recommend it to those who enjoy The Walking Dead.

View all my reviews

Comments